Books to Read!
- Alphabatics by Suse MacDonald
- Alphabet City by Stephen T. Johnson
- AlphaOops! The Day Z Went First by Alethea Kontis
- Amelia Bedelia by Peggy Parish
- Curious George Learns the Alphabet by H. A. Rey
- Eating the Alphabet by Lois Ehlert
- The Graphic Alphabet by David Pelletier
- The Hidden Alphabet by Laura Vaccaro Seeger
- I Stink! by Kate McMullan
- Jambo Means Hello: Swahili Alphabet Book by Muriel Feelings
- Old Black Fly by Jim Aylesworth
- P is for Palmetto: A South Carolina Alphabet by Carol Crane
- Shiver Me Letters: A Pirate ABC by June Sobel
- The Sleepy Little Alphabet by Judy Sierra
Check out Festivals and Events happening in September around the state. What would you like to celebrate this fall?
- Okra Strut – Irmo (Lexington County)
- Apple Festival – Westminster (Oconee County)
- Harvest Day Festival – Inman (Spartanburg County)
- Harvest Hoedown Festival – Aynor (Horry County)
- Aiken’s Makin’ – Aiken
- Yemassee Shrimp Festival – Yemassee (Beaufort County)
- Gold Leaf Festival – Mullins (Marion County)
Read & Rhyme
Betsy Byars has written over sixty books for young people. She began her writing career five years after her graduation from Queens College in Charlotte by publishing short magazine articles. As she began to read to her children, her interest in writing for young people began. Her first book, Clementine , was published in 1962 and since then she has authored many award-winning books including the Newbery Medal winner The Summer of the Swans . Betsy lives with her husband Ed on an air strip in the upstate of South Carolina.
- Get Set4K.org: September - Check out this month by month guide to school readiness.
- Reading is Fundamental Monthly Activity Calendar: September - This monthly activity calendar provides engaging reading and writing activity suggestions to last a month! (Also available in Spanish)