Books to Read!
- Big Fat Hen by Keith Baker
- Chicka Chicka 1,2,3 by Bill Martin Jr.
- Count Down to Fall by Fran Hawk
- Fiesta! by Ginger Foglesong Guy
- Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed by Eileen Christelow
- How Do Dinosaurs Count to Ten? by Jane Yolen
- How Much is a Million? by David M. Schwartz
- Just a Minute: A Trickster Tale and Counting Book by Yuyi Morales
- Mouse Count by Ellen Stoll Walsh
- One Hundred Hungry Ants by Elinor J. Pinczes
- Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons by Eric Litwin
- Ten Black Dots by Donald Crews
- Ten Little Fish by Audrey Wood
- Ten, Nine, Eight by Molly Bang
Read & Rhyme
Born in Manning, Margaret "Peggy" Parish made writing stories — including fiction, nonfiction, and craft books — for children her life's work. Her most popular and well-known books are the Amelia Bedelia books. Amelia Bedelia is a housekeeper who takes all of her employers' instructions literally, resulting in comedy that delights children even today! Peggy Parish was also a supporter of the Harvin Clarendon Public Library and a statue of Amelia Bedelia is located in front of the library.
Sponsored by the Center for Disease Control, Get Smart: Know When Antibiotics Work is a campaign to help you learn about when is the right time for antibiotics. Antibiotics don’t fight viral illnesses like colds. For more information, go to the website today!
- Get Set4K.org: October - Check out this month by month guide to school readiness.
- Reading is Fundamental Monthly Activity Calendar: October - This monthly activity calendar provides engaging reading and writing activity suggestions to last a month! (Also available in Spanish)