Books to Read!
- Bath Time! by Sandra Boynton
- The Berenstain Bears Visit the Dentist by Stan and Jan Berestain
- Froggy Gets a Doggy by Jonathan London
- Growing Vegetable Soup by Lois Ehlert
- How Do Dinosaurs Get Well Soon? by Jane Yolen
- The Monster Health Book: A Guide to Eating Healthy, Being Active & Feeling Great for Monsters & Kids! by Edward Miller
- Mother Goose Manners by Harriet Ziefert and Pascale Constantin
- My Daddy Is a Pretzel: Yoga for Parents and Kids by Baron Baptiste
- My Trip to the Hospital by Mercer Mayer
- No Dragons for Tea: Fire Safety for Kids (and Dragons) by Jean E Pendziwol
- Please, Baby, Please by Spike Lee and Tonya Lewis Lee
- Scaredy Squirrel by Melanie Watt
Check out Festivals and Events happening in January around the state. There are several chilly winter runs this month—perfect for whole families to walk or run together to stay active and healthy. Here are several that will be in January:
Read & Rhyme
Talking Book Services
The South Carolina State Library’s Talking Book Services is a free service for all South Carolinians, regardless of age, who are unable to read or use standard print materials as a result of temporary or permanent visual or physical limitations. More information is available at the SC State Library (contact 800-922-7818 or 803-734-4611). Deaf and hard of hearing individuals should dial 711-734-4611.
Certified SC Grown
The Certified South Carolina program is a new, exciting cooperative effort among producers, processors, wholesalers, retailers, and the South Carolina Department of Agriculture (SCDA) to brand and promote South Carolina grown and produced products.
Our goal is for consumers to be able to easily identify, find, and buy South Carolina products. Look for the Certified South Carolina logo in your supermarket, roadside market, community, or state farmers market or wherever you shop and remember to Buy South Carolina because Nothing's Fresher. Nothing's Finer.
- Get Set4K.org: January - Check out this month by month guide to school readiness.
- Reading is Fundamental Monthly Activity Calendar: January - This monthly activity calendar provides engaging reading and writing activity suggestions to last a month! (Also available in Spanish)